Welcome to Eric's Railroad Car History!
This site belongs to Eric Neubauer and is under the Railroad Car History banner. The links above include the following:
- Eric's Books lists the books I have published.
- Eric's Car of the Month includes a series of articles on specific freights cars and car builders which can be downloaded for free.
- Eric's Research Tools includes research aids for looking up reporting marks, understanding car type codes, and reading ACI labels.
- Unfortunately, Darrell Sawyer's site has been inactive for a while, and Dave Casdorph's site will become inactive this month. We hope to eventually revive some features here, especially the New Build Tables which Dave continues to maintain.
- It's been over a year since I updated this page. Nevertheless, research and writing has continued. Pullman/Pullman-Standard passenger car production since 1911 can be downloaded for free from the Eric's Car of the Month page where there is also a production summary of the larger Airslides. Much of my time lately has been dedicating to updating the production lists of various builders. I used to do this on a fairly regular basis, but fell far behind during the last 12 years. Most of this work isn't ready
publication yet, but at least it will be sufficiently organized to the next generation of railcar historians to pick up where I leave off. I've also continued to assist others with their publications and projects.
Note: If you use web-based email, the Contact Eric link in the menu bar may not work. If this occurs, my address is: eaneubauer(insert at symbol)ericsrailroadcarhistory.com.